OceansAlaska has a new website under construction. You can call Ron at 907.225.7900 to get the lowdown on ordering hatchery direct seed. OceansAlaska is an independent, non-profit, shellfish hatchery whose goal is to support the mariculture industry, especially in Alaska. x
UPDATE: We have millions of beautiful baby oysters from OceansAlaska in Ketchikan and Hawaiian Shellfish in Hilo. They are growing great and should be coming to size on schedule. Out of about 4 million, we could have as much as 1.5 million that are not yet spoken for. Usually we are over subscribed, but the hatcheries really came through and we loaded up with a bit more than last year. Send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the list.
I can tell you that several of our customers, including a couple in WA, have given us unsolicited praise on the quality of our seed upon receipt and a year later.
We are lining up sales. You can “get in line” by emailing me at email@example.com or call Anthony Lindoff at 907-586-9271. He will make sure that I’ve got your info.
The steps to keep your place in line are:
1. Fill out an return (via email or USPS) your Sales order. You can send in more than one if you are ordering for different time periods, ie for 2014. Note that for larger orders you may not get all of the order at once – as supply is limited at this time and we need to spread the orders a bit. I’ll do my best to tell you as soon as possible about that kind of situation.
2. When we receive the seed from that hatchery that your order will be filled from then we will require a 20% deposit to be sent. If you haven’t been told up front then expect an invoice to arrive when we get the applicable seed.
3. You will need to submit a transport permit application to ADF&G before we can ship. If you have submitted this application before we are cleared by pathology (which ensure that our outgoing seed is disease free) then ADF&G will hold your permit until we are cleared.
4. We need to have shipping worked out. I will be in touch with you about this. This should become quite standard in the future.
5. After your order has been sent to you, then you will receive a final invoice that includes any shipping/handling charges.
Let us worry about your seed needs. Know that we are “turning over every stone” to get you what you need.
BlueStarr Oyster Co.